Call for Papers
SACLA 2018, the 47th Annual Conference of the Southern African Computer Lecturers’ Association, provides a forum for the discussion of original research and practical experiences in teaching and learning of Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology and related disciplines, as well as the use of software tools in support of education more broadly.
The conference programme will include technical paper sessions, plenary keynote addresses, demonstrations and panels/workshops. Demonstrations of innovative tools from researchers and industrial partners will be a key part of the programme.
We invite submissions of full and short papers on relevant topics from researchers and practitioners from any country.
Submissions can be on any relevant topic, including:
• Education-oriented research or classroom experience
• Innovative teaching techniques or pedagogical tools
• Curricular innovations or initiatives
• Curriculum adaptations for relevance to discipline/students
• Innovative industry-education collaboration interventions
• Relevance of program/curriculum design to address local opportunities and challenges
• Didactics and methods of teaching and assessment
• Ethical problems
• Transition of newly graduated school pupils
• Transition of newly graduated students into industry
• International comparability of degrees and levels of knowledge/skills/performance
• Separation or combination of teaching and research
• Post-hoc analysis of successes and failures in teaching and learning
Submission and Publication:
We invite the submission of FULL PAPERS (maximum of 16 pages) and SHORT PAPERS (maximum of 6 pages) to report original previously-unpublished research and practical experience (with results) in the topic areas of the conference. Full papers typically report on completed and mature research results while short papers report on works in progress with significant intermediate results.
Authors are offered two options for publication of papers:
• The conference organisers will apply to Springer for selected full papers to be published in a Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) volume. CCIS is abstracted/indexed in DBLP, Google Scholar, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews, SCImago, Scopus. CCIS volumes are also submitted for the inclusion in ISI Proceedings. See the SACLA 2016 publication: http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-47680-3
• Accepted full and short papers can be published in the SACLA 2018 proceedings. The proceedings will have an ISBN and accepted papers are likely to qualify as subsidy-earning publications. Papers not accepted for the Springer publication will also be considered for publication in the SACLA 2018 proceedings.
Submissions will be reviewed by three reviewers following a double-blind peer review process. Papers will be evaluated according to their novel research contribution, methodological soundness, theoretical framing and reference to related work, quality of analysis, and quality of writing and presentation. Only original, unpublished, research papers in English will be considered.
Accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
All papers must follow the CCIS template, which is located on the Springer website at:
Authors should guarantee the anonymity of their submissions by removing names and affiliations from the first page and elsewhere in the paper that would allow reviewers to easily identify authors.
Submissions can be made via Easychair:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sacla2018 (Submissions now closed.)
Important dates (Updated):
|Paper Submission deadline (Extended):||
20th March 2018
AoE (Anywhere on Earth)
|Due date for reviews:||
16th April 2018
|Notification of paper acceptance:||
26th April 2018
|Early registration deadline:||
4th May 2018
Extended. You may still register.